What is and why E-commerce?
E-Commerce is a way to sell products online, reach broader audiences, and improve earnings while automating the process of transactions.
It all started with the first ever online sale that happened on August 11, 1994. Someone sold a “Sting” CD to his friend through his website NetMarket.
Nowadays, e-commerce is a standard way to sell products via the help of your website.
Whether you are a freelancer, small business or a large corporation, you will definitely benefit from your e-commerce website. It will automate your process and help you scale in a way that’s not possible with traditional offline retail.
Global retail e-commerce sales are projected to reach about $27 trillion by 2020.
Four types of E-Commerce models
- Business to Consumer (B2C):
When a business sells to an individual consumer (e.g. You buy a new cell phone from an e-commerce website (Online shop).
- Business to Business (B2B):
Business sells goods or services to another business. (e.g. A business sells software-as-a-service for another business to use.)
- Consumer to Consumer (C2C):
Consumer sells to another consumer through a website (e.g. You sell your old iPhone on eBay to another consumer).
- Consumer to Business (C2B):
Consumer sells their products or services to a business. (e.g. An Instagram “influencer” offers exposure for a business to their followers in exchange for a fee).
Due to booming of e-commerce, more resources are being directed into electronic securities, internet facilities, business plans and new technologies. In result of this, a variety of new markets have emerged from e-commerce giving a boost to the global market.
Major benefits of having an E-Commerce website:
- Convenience. Customers can buy straight from your website within their home or anywhere without the need to visit your physical shop and stand in line.
- Global (Worldwide) exposure: Whether you are located in the capital of some country or in a small town / countryside, people from all around the world will be able to buy from your website.
- Smaller Investment: You won’t need to rent a place for your shop. You can even resell products without even having them at your place (Dropshipping).
- Customer reviews: You will be able to receive reviews from your satisfied customers and happy client is an excellent business ambassador.
- Open 24/7: The is no 9AM – 5PM struggle. e-commerce websites can be accessed anytime, anywhere.
- Search engine visibility: With a well designed and optimized website (load time & SEO), your online shop will be well ranked in Google searches resulting in good organic traffic to your Online store.
We can help you design and develop a well branded Online shop
Here at WebRedone, besides designing and developing “standard” websites and Web apps we strongly focus on designing, developing and maintaining e-commerce websites as well.
We rely on tested and proven open-source solutions such as Woocommerce and Magento. We also design and develop custom e-commerce solutions that are not relying on those 2. It all comes down to your needs and what set of tools, coding languages is best suited for your project.
Why Woocommerce and Magento are our platforms of choice for building online shops?
Magento and WooCommerce are two of the most popular, secure, stable, and mature e-commerce platforms. They are similar as their are both open-source and written in PHP programming language.
Woocommerce – is a powerful plugin for the WordPress platform. WordPress powers more than 30% of all websites, and is the defacto CMS – content management system of choice among website owners and developers. It offers all the features you need from an e-commerce solution, while retaining the ease-of-use of its parent platform.
Magento – is an e-commerce platform tailored to web development professionals, and medium to large online stores. It offers one of the most robust feature sets in the field, which makes it ideal for stores with high aspirations.
Both platforms have Intuitive admin interfaces and product creation tools, they support an unlimited number of products, have good options for the integration of payment processors, they are great platforms to build custom e-commerce websites on top of, they have sales analytics already integrated.
WebRedone has more than 6 years of experience in web design & development industry, we have worked with brands such as Dreamhost and Silipint (a large e-commerce business).
We are also recognized as a top E-Commerce Design & Development Company on DesignRush.
Whether you need a small online shop or a large one with thousands of products, feel free to reach out to us and we will be more than happy to help you design and develop your brand new e-commerce website, or redesign of the existing one.